Some like it hot, even when the weather’s not. The rise of owning a hot tub and using your garden space all year round is a popular trend which is set to continue in 2019. The luxury of having a hot tub at home is the ultimate way to relax in style and there’s certainly something to be said for relaxing in hot, bubbling water.
There are also many health benefits to using a hot tub too. The health benefits of water and hydrotherapy are numerous and a non-invasive treatment which many favour* for aching muscles and alleviating stress or anxiety.
Nowadays, there’s no need to book in at a spa to enjoy a pampering session. Gardens aren’t just a place to plant and grow flowers and vegetables. Us Brits use our gardens as a place to relax, socialise and unwind, so much so that outdoor space becomes an extension of our homes. And just because the temperature has dropped, there’s no less reason to make the most of the outdoors. What could be more decadent than a dip in your own spa to soak away the day?
Transforming your garden into an all-weather haven couldn’t be easier. Inflatable hot tubs can offer an economical yet pleasing option of spa system. Ever a popular choice, they are quick and easy to install and assemble and with a range of various size options available, they are the ideal hot tub choice for any sized garden or terrace, no matter how large or small.
Leading high street retailer Robert Dyas are thrilled to be stockists of Lay-Z-Spa, the world’s first premium and best-selling inflatable hot tub brand in the UK. All Lay-Z-Spa models are portable, requiring no professional installation and they can be set up (using the included pump) within minutes of bringing one home.
So, what do you need to consider if you’re thinking of taking the plunge?
1. Where will your hot tub live? If you opt for an inflatable spa option, not only will this provide an economical choice, but also means it doesn’t have to sit in one spot year on year.
2. How much space will you need? This of course depends upon the size of hot tub you choose, but so long as you have a flat, hard area large enough to hold the base of your hot tub, you are good to go!
3. How will you power your tub? You will need an electrical power source.
4. How many people do you want to accommodate? This depends on personal choice and whether your spa will be used mainly for entertaining, personal relaxation or a bit of both. Most spas cater for two to eight people. However, the Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Surround – 40 x 40cm (Was £119.99 now £74.99) can give that extra bit of room around the spa for people to sit and relax before or after enjoying a dip in the hot tub.
5. How will you keep your spa clean? To ensure a sparkling hot tub, you’ll need to treat it with chemicals and regularly change its filters to maintain the hygiene levels like the Lay-Z Spa Filter Cartridge (IV) (Was £14.99 now £9.99). You could also try the Lay-Z Spa All-in-One Cleaning Kit (Was £44.99 now £29.99) or the Lay-Z Spa Underwater Vacuum (Was £74.99 now £49.99), which is ideal for keeping your spa shiny and clean without damaging any of the interior.
6. Once you’re in your hot tub you need to make sure everything is within easy reach to ensure maximum relaxation. So why not try the Lay-Z Spa Drinks Holder (Was £14.99 now £9.99), perfect for putting your eco friendly Cambridge Bamboo Cups – 4 Pack (£14.99) in? Alternatively, if you want to make the most of your space, the Lay-Z Spa Entertainment System (Was £199.99 now £129.99)may be ideal for you. This provides you with both a place to put your drinks, as well as being equipped with a high-quality speaker which works with Bluetooth 4.0.
7. Finally, add that finishing touch to complete the whole experience with these spa accessories such as the Lay-Z Spa Hot Tub Canopy (Was £44.99 now £29.99), which offers you protection from the elements whilst relaxing in your spa. You could also try these Lay-Z Spa Pillow – Pk 2 (Was £44.99 now £29.99) giving you premium head and neck support whilst also being fully waterproof.
Now you’ve got your checklist ticked off, why not plan an evening in with friends? Hosting a hot tub party is a fabulous way to host a winter soiree, adding a contemporary dimension to the traditional dinner party. Adding a touch of Scandi to your gathering, a social spa session is a treat for all and can provide hours of fun both indoors or out. Who needs a night on the tiles when you can enjoy a night on the (hydro) bubbles?
For an event to remember, the Lay-Z-Spa Paris AirJet (Was £599.99 now £459.99) provides the ideal choice for those who want to entertain in style. The first tub of its kind to feature a stunning multi-coloured LED lighting system, it’s sure to illuminate any outdoor space and create the ‘wow’ factor, seating 4-6 people. If you need a little more space, why not try the Lay-Z Spa Monaco Hot Tub (Was £799.99 now £599.99)? Comfortably seating 6-8 people, it’s a great choice for larger gatherings. Nowhere to put down your drinks? Add this Suncast Storage Side Table (£69.99) for a perfect accompaniment to your hot tub and the ideal place to store towels or blankets.
Sometimes we need to just float away. If you’re looking to invest in a spa for relaxation and rejuvenation, perhaps a smaller model such as the Lay-Z Spa Miami Hot Tub (Was £449.99 now £359.99) is the one for you. Seating 2-4 people, it’s the perfect spa for couples or small families to relax and catch up on quality time together. If you want to go all out, splurge on the top of the range Lay-Z Spa Maldives Hydrojet Hot Tub (Was £1,199.99 now £899). With enough space for up to seven people and featuring the Lay-Z Spa Hydrodynamic massage system, this spa boasts 8 adjustable directional HydroJets™ and 140 all-surrounding AirJets™ which creates thousands of bubbles to give you a gentle massage experience that will leave you feeling truly refreshed.
Hot tubs can provide a contemporary release from modern-day stresses and nobody knows that better than Richard Redman, the spa expert at Robert Dyas. Richard said “The inability to use electronics whilst in a spa means you can completely switch off from screens. It’s a wonderful way to have some ‘me time’ or spend quality time with family members, without the distractions of technology”.
It’s not just hot tubs that help create an awe of majesty and indulgence. Adding some lights and ornamental decoration to your garden can add the finishing touches to add some outdoor hygge to your home. In fact, this Danish lifestyle trend which has set our British imaginations alight, couldn’t be more pertinent to the outdoor home spa trend. Getting cosy and contented at home is a wonderful way to make the most of your outdoor space all year round.
There are many ways to create ambient light in your garden to help you relax and unwind. Solar lights are a practical and cost-effective way to illuminate your outdoor space, whilst creating decoration and mood lighting. Ideal for providing subtle illumination, these solar-powered LED string lights (16.99) are decorative but discreet. Or create the glowing illusion of a flaming torch with a Smart Garden Cool Flame Solar Light (£19.99). This Monaco Solar Rattan Lamp (£49.99) will shed a soft glimmer outdoors, adding a touch of elegance to your surroundings, whatever the weather. Now all that’s left to do is to sit back, relax and let the water jets do the talking. Bliss …