As soon as I saw this magnificent plant I was blown away by the colour of the opulent blooms and knew I had to write about it. Below are some of the features and benefits of this delightful, easy to grow border Carnation:-
- Stunning plum purple, double blooms with a depth of colour I have seldom witnessed.
- Repeat flowering from June to September
- A delicious clove scent like old fashioned Carnations used to possess.
- Makes a gorgeous cut flower for the home.
- A short, compact habit with a height of 30cm (12″) and a spread of 40cm (16″).
- Ideal for the front of the border and also in patio containers.
- Evergreen with attractive grey-green foliage.
- A hardy plant that will not require any winter protection.
- Drought tolerant once established.
- Perennial, so will delight year after year.
I really can’t recommend this beautiful plant any more highly. Surely it will become a star of our gardens in the future.
To view these plants at Thompson & Morgan click here